1. Read the text about the causes and effects of counter-urbanisation. (Đọc văn bản về các nguyên nhân và ảnh hưởng của phản đô thị hóa.)
2. Read the text again and decide whether the following statements are true (T), false (F), or not given (NG), and tick the correct box. (Đọc văn bản một lần nữa và quyết định việc các nhận định sau đây là đúng (T), sai (F), hoặc không xác định (NG), và đánh dấu vào ô đúng.)
|1. T||2. F||3. NG||4. F||5. T||6. F|
3. Work with a partner. Use the information in the table below or your own ideas to make a conversation about one of the historical figures. (Làm việc cùng người bạn. Sử dụng các thông tin trong bảng dưới đây hoặc ý tưởng của riêng bạn để tạo một cuộc trò chuyện về một trong những nhân vật lịch sử.)
Student A: Who are you going to talk abcwr in your presentation tomorrow?
Student B: I’m going to talk about our national hero – Emperor Quarng Trung. He was a very talented political and military leader. He led the Vietnamese people against the Qing invaders between 1788 and 1789.
Student A: You should also mention the year of his birth and death. The Emperor was born in 1753 and died in 1792.
Student B: I will. Though he died young, he was able to introduce some very important economic and educational reforms in Viet Nam.
4. Listen to the recording about wave energy. Choose the best option to complete the sentence.(Nghe đoạn ghi âm về năng lượng sóng. Chọn lựa chọn tốt nhất để hoàn thành câu.)
|1. C||2. B||3. C||4. A||5. B|
5. Write meaningful sentences about the pros and cons of solar energy. Use the words given (Viết câu có ý nghĩa về những ưu và khuyết điểm của năng lượng mặt trời. Sử dụng các từ cho trước.)
1. Solar energy comes directly from the sun and this renewable energy source is sustainable.
2. This type of energy is environmentally friendly and does not cause pollution.
3. Solar energy is available everywhere and is very quiet because solar energy/its devices do not have any moving parts.
4. Solar panels are expensive as they use rare and special materials, and the technology used to store solar energy is costly.
5. Solar energy is not always available since access to sunlight is limited at certain times.
6. Although it is greener than fossil fuels, the production of solar panels may emit some greenhouse gases.
6. Use the ideas in 5 (and your own ideas) to an essay of 180-250 words about the pros cons of solar energy. (Sử dụng các ý tưởng trong 5 (và những ý tưởng riêng của mình) để viết một bài luận khoảng 180-250 từ về những ưu khuyết điểm của năng lượng mặt trời.)
Nowadays, it has become necessary to use green technology with green renewable energy sources. Among all green energy sources, solar energy is the most important renewable energy source, which has both advantages and disadvantages.
First of all, solar energy comes directly from the sun and this abundant renewable energy source is sustainable. In general, this type of energy is environmentally friendly and does not cause pollution. Another advantage is that solar energy is available everywhere in the world, not only in hot and sunny countries near the Equator. Furthermore, it is very quiet because solar energy devices do not have any moving parts.
However, solar energy is not cheap. Solar panels are expensive to produce as they use rare and special materials. In addition, the technology used to store solar energy is costly. A further disadvantage is that solar energy is not always available since access to sunlight is limited at certain times. Furthermore, although it is greener than fossil fuels, the production of solar panels may emit some greenhouse gases.
In short, there is no energy source that is completely risk-free. However, the pros of solar energy as a renewable energy source outweigh the cons. I hope that further development of green technology will soon eliminate the disadvantages.