Đề thi học kỳ I tiếng Anh 12 hỗ trợ học sinh tự ôn luyện và đánh giá năng lực hiệu quả.
ĐỀ THI HỌC KỲ I – ĐỀ SỐ 2
MÔN : TIẾNG ANH 12
NĂM HỌC: 2016 -2017
Thời gian: 45 phút
Pick out the word whose underlined part is pronounced differently from that of the others.
- 1. A. prepared B. called C. expressed D. employed
- 2. A. should B. young C. couple D. rough
- 3. A. possible B. company C. job D. responsible
Choose the word that has the stress differently from that of the other words.
- 4. A. experience B. concentrate C. enthusiasm D. certificate
- 5. A. interview B. interviewee C. interviewer D. industry
Choose the best answer to complete the blank in each of the following sentences.
- 6. In Vietnam, application forms for the National Entrance Examinations must be __________before the deadline, often in April.
A. issued B. signed C. filed D. submitted
- 7. Points will be added to the Entrance Examination scores for those who hold an excellent high school__________.
A. certificate B. diploma C. qualification D. degree
- 8. The world __________a better place if we had known a hundred years ago what we know about the earth’s environment.
A. should be B. might be C. was D. will be
- 9. If the lecturer last night __________Dr. Mason, I would have listened carefully.
A. were B. would be C. was D. had been
- 10. I _________Tom with me if I had known you and he didn’t get along well with each other.
A. won’t bring B. wouldn’t have brought C. Didn’t bring D. hadn’t brought
- 11. Remember to bring with you your school certificate and letters of __________from your teachers or your previous employers when you come to the interview.
A. assignment B. invitation C. recommendation D. advertisement
- 12. It wasn’t an awful experience. It was the worst thing _________has ever happened to me.
A. which B. that C. what D. why
- 13. The party __________we went to last night was not very enjoyable.
A. which B. when C. where D. what
- 14. At the end of this month, scientists at the institute will conduct their AIDS research, the results of __________will be published within 6 months.
A. which B. whom C. that D. it
- 15. He read The Old Man and The Sea, a novel __________by Ernest Hemingway.
A. written B. writing C. which wrote D. that written
- 16. Lien passed the oral test , __________pleased her parents.
A. that B. which C. what D. it
- 17. This present will be given to __________can answer the last question.
A. whomever B. whoever C. whom D. who
- 18. He often gives me a lot of advice, most of __________are very useful.
A. them B. whom C. that D. which
- 19. These new laws have laid legal grounds for __________inefficient co-operatives.
A. dissolving B. analyzing C dividing D. disarming.
- 20. With the strong __________of our party and Government to DoiMoi, we believe that we will build a better life for our people.
A. promise B. commitment C. investment D. reaffirm
- 21. __________it is in the spring now, the flowers outside aren’t blooming.
A. While B. Although C. Whereas D. However
- 22. __________I didn’t understand a word, I kept smiling.
A. Whereas B. However C. Even though D. Nevertheless
- 23. I like spending my holidays in the mountains, __________my wife prefers the seaside.
A. though B. whereas C. despite D. in spite of
- 24. __________he wasn’t feeling very well, Alex was determined to take part in the racing.
A. Despite the fact that B. Despite the fact it
C. Despite D. In spite of
- 25. When we got home, dinner __________, so we had a drink first.
A. was preparing B. had been prepared C. was being prepared D. was prepared
- 26. Since 1980, scientists in the world ________a lot of things to fight AIDS.
A. have done B. are doing C. did D. had done
- 27. Linda __________her identity card again. This is the second time this __________.
A. lost/ happened B. has lost/ has happened C. has lost/ happened D. lost/ has happened
- 28. I started working here in 2000.
A. I have started working here since 2000.
B. I haven’t worked here since 2000.
C. I have started working here since 2000.
D. I have worked here since 2000.
- 29. The hotel __________we stayed wasn’t very clean.
A. where B. why C. which D. when
- 30. It’s usually difficult __________a place to park in the city center.
A. finding B. to find C. find D. to finding.
- 31. It took me a long time to __________wearing glasses.
A. get used to B. use to C. used to D. use
- 32. Let’s have this letter __________by express mail.
A. sends B. send C. being sent D. sent
- 33. “Can I help you?” _ “ ___________”.
A. No, thanks. I’m just looking B. No, I’m seeing
C. Yes, I’m watching D. Yes, I’m thinking
- 34. –Will they get married? _Yes, definitely __________their differences.
A. however B. despite C. owing to D. although
- 35. Let’s go to the station to see her __________.
A. through B. back C. off D. to
- 36. He spoke confidently and that impressed me.
A. The thing which impressed me was the confident way he spoke.
B. He spoke confidently, which impressed me.
C. The confident way in which he spoke impressed me.
D. All are correct.
- 37. I can’t recall __________that old movie, but maybe I did many years ago.
A. to see B. to have seen C. having been seen D. having seen
- 38. Henry will pass his exams __________any means. He has studied well.
A. by B. on C. with D. in
Choose the underlined part that needs correction.
- 39. Higher general education and training generally took place in a university or college.
A B C D
- 40. There are two parallel school systems in England. The first is the state school A system, that is free to all students, paid for by the state’.
B C D
Choose the word or phrase ( A, B, C or D ) that best fits the blank space in the following passage.
When you first apply for a job, you (41) ______not succeed in getting it. It’s always a good (42)______to ask them to explain to you what prevented from beating the other candidates. Don’t complain about the situation, but ask them to advise you (43)______what you can do better next time. Perhaps the interviewer disapproved of or disagreed with something you said. Perhaps they just glanced at your application and saw something that made it easy to choose between you and another candidate. Don’t regard it as a failure, but recognize it as a chance to learn more. (44)______you don’t worry too much about it and continue to believe in yourself, you’ll (45)______find the chance you’ve been waiting for. Then, your family and friends will be able to congratulate you on your success!
- 41. A. might B. would C. won’t D. must
- 42. A. means B. opinion C. idea D. method
- 43. A. about B. of C. over D. in
- 44. A. As far as B. By far C. So far D. As long as
- 45. A. in the end B. lastly C. at last D. eventually
Read the passage below and choose the best answer ( A, B, C or D ) to each question.
Higher education, also called tertiary, third stage or post secondary education, is the non-compulsory educational level following the completion of a school providing a secondary education, such as a high school, secondary school. Tertiary education is normally taken to include undergraduate and postgraduate education, as well as vocational education and training. Colleges and universities are the main institutions that provide tertiary institutions. Tertiary education generally results in the receipt of certificates, diplomas, or academic degrees.
Higher education includes teaching, research and social services activities of universities, and within the realm of teaching, it includes both the undergraduate level and the graduate level. Higher education in that country generally involves work towards a degree-level or foundation degree qualification. It is therefore very important to national economies, both as a significant industry in its own right, and as a source of trained and educated personnel for the rest of the economy.
46. What is ‘tertiary education’?
A. Primary education B. higher education C. Secondary education D. children education
- 47. Where can we find tertiary education?
A. Colleges and high schools B. universities and institutes
C. Colleges and universities D. high schools and universities.
- 48. The word ‘degree’ in paragraph 1 refers to __________.
A. a unit for measuring angles
B. a unit for measuring temperature
C. the qualification
D. a level in a scale of how serious something is.
- 49. How many kinds does higher education have?
A. One B. two C. three D. four
- 50. _________is important to national economies.
A. Qualification B. Foundation C. Schooling D. Higher education
HƯỚNG DẪN GIẢI
Thực hiện: Ban Chuyên môn Tuyensinh247.com
|1.C||2.A||3. B||4. B||5. B||6. D||7. B||8. B||9. D||10. B|
|11. C||12. B||13. A||14. A||15. A||16. B||17. B||18. D||19. A||20. B|
|21. B||22. C||23. B||24. A||25. C||26. A||27. B||28. D||29. A||30. B|
|31. A||32. D||33. A||34. B||35. C||36. D||37. D||38. A||39. B||40. B|
|41. A||42. C||43. B||44. D||45. D||46. B||47. C||48. C||49. B||50. D|