Đề thi học kì 2 lớp 11 năm 2015 môn Tiếng Anh- THPT Đông Thành tỉnh Quảng Ninh tổ chức thi hết học kì 2 cho học sinh khối 11, các em tham khảo đề và đáp án dưới đây:
Part 1: Listen to the passage and tick (v) true (T) or false (F) to the statements
1.Non- renewable sources are running out
2.Many poor people in developing countries have little electricity.
3. Biogas is a new source of energy available for poor people.
4. Biogas creates a lot of smoke.
Part 2: Listen to the passage again and complete the sentences
- People in ______________ areas have to gather wood to use as fuel.
- Biogas is mainly used for cooking and __________________.
- Biogas helps solve the problem of indoor air _______________________.
- In the future, the wind and the sun will be used as the main environmentally _______________energy sources .
II. Pronunciation, grammar and vocabulary
Part 1: Choose the word whose underlined part is pronounced differently from that of the rest by circling the letter A, B, C or D.
1. A. admired B. looked C. missed D. hoped
2. A. miles B. words C. accidents D. tensions
Part 2: Choose the correct option that best completes the sentence or substitutes for the underlined word by circling the letter A, B, C or D.
1. Alice: “Mike, can you take these books back to the library for me? I’m running late.”
A. I’m late too. Sorry B. No. C. Never mind. D. No, I don’t.
2. Linda: “Excuse me! Where’s the post office?” – Maria: “_________.”
A. I’m afraid of B. Don’t worry C. It’s over there D. Yes. I think so
3. Fossil fuel will be __________in a short time.
A. exhausted B. exhausting C. exhaustion D. exhaustive
4. Peter comes from Whitney, __________is nearOxford.
A. that B. which C. where D. who
5. Did you see the men to __________ I gave the money?
A. whom B. Ø C. who D. that
6._________he bought the golden fish.
A. It was this shop that B. It was from this shop where
C. It was this shop which D. It was from this shop that
7. She is a very accomplished pianist.
A. interesting B. beautiful C. skillful D. admired
8. It is the earth’s gravity _____________ their weight.
A.that gave people B.which gives
C.that gives people D. where gives people
9. That little girl, _________sister I know, is a film actress.
A. whom B. that C. who D. whose
10. John was the last man ___________ the top of the mountain in the contest held last year.
A. reaching B.to reach C.reahed D. who reach
11.Taij Mahal , _________ by Shah Jaham for his wife , is thought to be one of the great architectural wonders of the world.
A.that was built B. built C. which built D. where was built
12. There are some hobbies that I ________ in for a while besides reading books and collecting stamps.
A. occupy B. indulge C. fascinate D. accomplish
Read the passage and choose the correct word that best fits each numbered blank by circling the letter A, B, C or D
We are all slowly destroying the Earth. The seas and the rivers are too dirty to swim (1)_________. There is so much smoke in the air that it is (2)_________to live in many of the world’s cities. In one famous city, for (3)_________, poisonous exhaust from cars pollute the air so much that traffic policemen have to wear oxygen masks.
We have to cut down so many trees that there are now vast areas of waste land all over the world. As a (4)_________, farmers in parts ofAfricacan not grow enough to eat. In certain countries inAsiathere is too little rice. We must act now before it is too late to do anything about it. Save the (5)_________!
1. A. in B. on C. from D. to
2. A. healthy B. health C. unhealthy D. healthily
3. A. as B. example C. so D. that
4. A. result B. complete C. end D. last
5. A. Moon B. Sun C. Mars D. Earth
Read the following passage and choose the best answer to each of the questions by circling the letter A, B, C or D
Man cannot exist without air, water and light. Many people think that soil is also necessary to man’s existence. Without soil there could be no vegetation, no animals and consequently no people. However, the soil is being eroded day after day because people use the land without paying attention to the protection of land and the prevention of soil erosion. In many rural areas, soil erosion is a major problem which endangers the development of agriculture.
- If there were no air, no water and no light, man __________.
A. would live on the earth B. would survive
C. would disappear from the earth D. could exist on the earth
- Many people think that soil __________.
A. is useful for man B. is of no importance to man
C. is unnecessary for man D. depends on man’s existence
- The soil is being eroded day after day because __________.
A. people always prevent soil erosion
B. people usually protect the land
C. people manage to use the land with care
D. people pay no attention to the protection of land when using it
- Soil erosion is a major problem in many rural areas because __________.
A. it can be solved right now B. it is dangerous for agriculture
C. it is the development of agriculture D. it is of great use to people
- The word “major” in line 4 means__________________
A. unimportant B. smaller C. important D. less serious
Finish each of the following sentences in such a way that it means the same as the sentence printed before it
1. I read that book last summer. It is a history book of France.
=> The book ________________________________________.
2. Christopher Columbus discovered America in 1492.
=> It was _____________________________________________.
Write a paragraph of about 100 words about a collection of yours
Đáp án đề thi học kì 2 lớp 11 2015 môn Tiếng Anh- THPT Đông Thành